We are pleased to offer our patients custom-fabricated mouth guards for sports activities. Unlike stock mouth guards, which fit loosely because they are designed to accommodate many possible wearers, our sports mouth guards are tailored to fit your exact dental profile, providing the highest attainable level of comfort and security in a mouth guard.
How They’re Made
The first step in fabricating these mouth guards is to take an impression of your teeth. We then use that impression and fabricate the mouth guard using special professional-grade materials. The perfect fit of these custom-fabricated mouth guards ensures that not only will your mouth guards fit comfortably, they will also offer the most protection and will interfere the least with speech or breathing.
The Score on Sports Injuries and Mouth Guards
- Of the more than 50 million children participating in organized sports in the country, roughly one in ten will experience an oral or facial injury.
- The ADA recommends mouth guards for over 29 sports!
- Mouth guards prevent over 200,000 oral injuries EVERY YEAR!
- Over a third of all dental injuries in children – 39% in fact – occur in public sports facilities
- Playing sports is the cause of nearly 5 million lost teeth in children each year!